So I decided to make a list tonight. I decided I didn’t want it to be a regular list for me. Regular being Top 10 songs or books or what I want to do with my life or my bucket list.
Lists are important, I don’t know this for sure but I’m sure Johnny Carson had some and he was legit. Or for you other Nodakers, take out Johnny Carson and but in Lawrence Welk. They keep me in line. I made one today at work and I got laughed at because it was totally irrelevant to what was going on.
But here is my list of things that are on my pet peeve list.
1. People don’t push chairs in. This one is common courtesy. People could trip, they need room to walk. I don’t care how much stuff you have in your arms, or how much in a hurry you are, push in your chair.
2. I don’t want to see your gum. EEWWWWWWW! One of the ladies was messing with her gum today, I had to turn away.
3. Using Don’t instead of Doesn’t. One of my best friends does this. She’ll say something like “That don’t apply” OMG. Really. Maybe it’s an English Major thing but you sound so uneducated. I want to smack people every time they use grammar like this. AHHHH!!!! This bugs me more than the other two combined. COMBINED!!!!!
4. Clutter in places where it doesn’t need to be. This is an exception to my room. That’s because I may be moving soon and I really can’t keep my life in order. But I don’t want to see it when I walk in a store or when I walk in your house. That’s none of my business.
5. People talking loudly on their phones (or in general) in public place I don’t care if John Boy didn’t say good night to Mary Ellen. Keep it to yourself.
6. Courtesy to people in service positions. This is huge for me. I have worked pretty much 90 % of my working life in some kind of service position. A lot of crap goes on in a service position. That job might not be as easy as you think. I have now started to say thank you and please to servers, movie attendants, retail personal, EVERYONE that provides a service. They go through a lot and to give them an attitude is highly disrespectful and can ruin a person’s day. Just sayin.
Well, that’s not all my pet peeves but that’s six of them. Six and three are really my biggest ones. So now you know how to bug me. Use it wisely.