23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
1. Knitting/embroidery I had grandma’s teach me how to do each of these. It’s just an easy craft to do and I think it’s fun. I just enjoy the thought that I’m carrying on the things that my grandmothers have done.
2. Reading Do I really need to talk about this? I really love getting lost in the language and the connecting with the characters. My imagination without books would be really unfortunate and that would suck. I don’t understand how people don’t like reading books. Is it because they can’t picture or hear the words in their head? I don’t know but it’s like my favorite thing ever.
3. Watching Movies For me movies are a kind of like books. It’s like the dumb version of books. I like to watch movies/TV series right before going to sleep because it calms my head from reading.
4. Music I have been doing something musical since the womb. Even though my parents “gave” me the choice of what activities that I wanted to do, I really don’t think I had a choice. My extended family is really musical, my mom and sister are musical, I grew up with constant music so I really think that I didn’t have a choice, it’s something that I was born with. But I love it, can’t imagine my life without it.
5. Baking This, I think, I enjoy because it was something my grandma did with me when I was little. This grandma wasn’t around as much because they went south for the winter. I didn’t like doing it in high school for whatever reason, but now I do.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
I hate this question. It’s not that I don’t have goals for myself and see myself doing things it’s just I change my mind a lot (I mean, I am female). So, an answer will change in about 5 minutes. But since I promised myself I’d answer this question here’s some things I know I want for myself in the next 15 years. (in no particular order)
Marriage and a family Big surprise right? The want is always there but some days are more a want than others. Actually last night was one of the nights where I was like “I wish I had someone to cook for” and somehow in my brain I equated that with husband last night. But I definitely want a husband and kids, I just have to meet more guys for that to happen.
A job where I’m a little bit more challenged Not that I’m not challenged where I’m at, it’s just I hit the top and I can’t be promoted anymore so I want somewhere where I have to work a little longer to get to the top.
Happy That’s a given.
Doing more writing I don’t necessarily want to do this as a job, though I will, I just want to develop my writing on my own. I don’t care if it’s like this or in another format.
Be somewhat fluent in German and Spanish I took both in High School or college so I have a small handle on both and I have text books so I can develop from there.
Start learning either French or Russian Random right? Russian and French have both fascinated me. Languages in general fascinate me. Each language has their own way of saying things and their own little jokes in their own way. I really should have gotten a degree in languages instead of English.
I want to be or have done some traveling Which is where all the languages come in at. I have debated about teaching English overseas. It was a huge contemplation about 2 years ago when I was jobless. My only problem is that would take me far away from home.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
This is such a dangerous question. If you pick a super power of that from a Marvel comic you put yourself in a catch-22. Think about this, you’re Superman and you can see through things, what if you see something totally inappropriate. OR your Aquaman (and yes I know he’s not a Marvel character) and well that’s enough of a punishment right, just being Aquaman? I mean imagine how much you could be made fun of as Aquakid.
But really, I want to be Batman in the female form. Don’t be a hater, just think about it. According to Wikipedia he has “scientific knowledge, detective skills, and athletic prowess”. And he’s a philanthropist, so he’s a good guy (even if he’s a little bit of a playboy). The only thing I would change is the costume, yeah, I’m not digging it.
To answer the question of “what would I do first”, well, if I were taking over the identity of Batman, I would first settle this whole thing over in the Middle East, have a juice box and then I would figure out the extinction of flies and mosquitoes and then have another juice box. If I were the new Batman I would totally endorse juice boxes for juice boxes are legit.
I think that I would not be a playboy because I’m not that kind of girl. And just throwing this out there, I will be keeping the name BatMAN
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
1.Christmas Christmas was always perfect when I was growing up. I grew up in North Dakota so more often than not, we had a white Christmas and I had a happy childhood but Christmas was always happier.
2. Uncle Ernie’s death Actually he was a great-uncle. He died pretty tragically when I was about 7 and it’s stuck with me all my life. I remember how I was told and not being able to go to the funeral and asking why when mom and dad came home and then going to my uncle’s wedding rehearsal.
3. This one’s odd I have this vivid memory from when I was about 4 about going to Grandma’s house for the day (which was very common) and her 2 brother’s sitting there, Uncle Ernie wasn’t one of them. I remember where they were sitting and they gave me the brown paper bag and told me that they got a gun for me and I didn’t want to open it but I did and it was a Barbie dress. This is the only memory I have of both of my grandma’s brothers. One died, I think, not long after this memory.
Bonus: playing under the quilts Grandma made It was always a happy day when I went over to Grandma’s so she could babysit me and she had a quilt up on a frame because then I could play under it.
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
If it wasn’t where I’m living now, it would be probably the north-west. I like cold and rainy weather.
If it were a real place, I would totally live in Narnia. I mean, how legit would that be? Speaking animals, giants, fauns, MAGIC! That is a one legit place.
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
For me, I think it’s been select decisions that I’ve made towards a certain guy I knew in high school. We were “dating”. It was one of those situations that it was mainly by MSN Messenger and it wasn’t really dating but we really liked each other and we really never told anyone about it. So there’s not many other details you need to know but by the end of our junior year it ended. I was kind of went crazy on him because I think I was more into the “relationship” than he was. It’s more complicated than it sounds. Trust me.
It’s taken me a while to come to terms on how I acted. I ruined what could have been a really great friendship. He was really good as a friend but that’s not what I wanted and I ruined it. What was I thinking right?
I don’t know maybe it was for the best. Was the level of friendship I had with him before the best for both parties, probably not. Was the way I acted at the end right, absolutely not. Like I said it’s taken me a while to come to terms on what happened. I’ve forgiven myself for it, now it’s in his court. I’ve tried to contact him and he chooses not to reciprocate. I understand. It didn’t end well. I wouldn’t want to talk to me either if I were in his shoes.
So person the hardest to forgive is myself. It’s an ongoing process which will never end because it’s on a transgression by transgression basis
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
I think if there would be one thing that I would want to be better at I would have better people skills. If I were better at dealing with people, it would open a lot of doors for me to get better at other things.