So I was going to post about finishing The Book Thief but I got nominated for the Liebster Award. I got nominated by Raelke over at LittleSwagofBooks. I’m amazed that people want to nominate me for things. I just come on here and rant. Nothing big.
I know this is a weird insert here but I’ve noticed a lot more people reading from Australia. What? But I like you guys!
The Liebster Award is then passed on by bloggers to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and to support the blogs that you like by sharing them with your readers.
These are the rules of the award:
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
1.List 11 Random Facts about you
2.Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
3.Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
4.Notify the bloggers of their award.
5.Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
Random Facts about Me
1. If I could go home to my parents’ farm and drive pickup spring-fall and get paid for it, I totally would.
2. I love rain. When I was growing up rain during the spring/summer was some of the only times I got to see my farmer of a father. And it’s completely soothing to me.
3. I used to hate soup. I went to college and then had to eat it because it was cheap and now I like soup. I used to make soup into cracker mush and in high school I used to steal Eric’s crackers. And he let me every time.
4. When I go out to a restaurant, and I get a straw in the paper covering, I’ll take out the straw from one end, put the straw in my drink and then fold up the paper neatly. I don’t know why I do this or when this got started but EVERY. STINKING. TIME.
5. I just recently watched the movie “Peter Pan” for the first time. Captain Hook is so mean.
6. “Veggie Tales” are my go to movies for when I’m stressed.
7. I want a house full of kids with a big ole dog like a greyhound.
8. I love facial hair on a guy.
9. “Beauty and the Beast” is my favorite Disney Movie because of the library.
10. I’m not a big t.v. watcher.
11. I don’t dance. It makes me feel awkward.
*Bonus* I think I smell funny a lot of the time.
The Questions Asked of Me
1.What inspires you? To me that’s a really hard question. What inspires me to do what? Blog, read, live? If we’re taking that in the general sense, the little things. A sentence, a smile, etc.
2.Which languages do you speak? English fluently, laced with occasional sarcasm. I speak a little German and a little less Spanish. I’m in the process of teaching myself more of both.
3.What was the last holiday you went on? Well I went home last weekend. But an actual “holiday” or “vacation”……..um………uh? Maybe to Minnesota for my cousin’s wedding last fall? I don’t get away very often.
4.Do you carry an umbrella with you in case it starts raining? Absolutely not. I grew up on a farm and we just didn’t have time for umbrellas.
5.How long have you been blogging for? It’s been about 3 years since I’ve started it but just under a year that I’ve been blogging regularly.
6.Why do you blog? To vent, to get ideas out of my head, to document life. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.
7.If you could speak any language fluently, which would you choose, and why? Russian. I don’t have a definite reason why, I just have this weird obsession with learning Russian.
8.Poetry or prose? Most definitely prose. This sounds weird but I don’t have the patience for poetry.
9.Which is the book which has made the greatest impact on you? Really? Well there’s the go-to the Bible. But if we’re talking non-Bible books, This Much I know is True by Wally Lamb. First really adult book I read.
10.Summer or winter? If I had to choose, probably winter. I’d rather put on more clothes than take more off. That and Christmas! Who doesn’t love Christmas?
11.What is your favourite song? That’s such a hard question for me. I only listen to like 8 decades worth of music. I really like Ginny Owens’ “Higher Ground”, “Washed by the Water” by NeedToBreathe, “Marry Me” by Train, the list could go on and on.
Nominees It was so hard to choose!
1. Knitting with Pencils I love the things she posts.
2. Julie’s Chicklit We both love Garth Brooks, we love dinosaurs, we pretty much are the same person, but not really.
3. EMMA! at a wordlessblogger We share jokes on Facebook about when I confuse the word Lions with Loins. I was close right?
4. Lilly in Canada You know a lot of NoDakers make fun of Canada. But I don’t and Lilly is one of these reasons why.
5. The Cutter He entertains me. He’s posted a few comments on my blog that make me crack up and his blog is pretty entertaining too.
6. Fifty5Cents Why aren’t more people following this blog? I love the rating system and it’s always a good insightful post.
7. 6 Months to Live I love the concept.
8. Alicia Benton It never fails that I am drawn into her posts because there’s usually a funny picture. LOVE!
9. George So. Many. Books!
10. Nerd Enchanted Dexter…..on this blog….who doesn’t love some old school Dexter?
11. We Will Begin Again. I love just the thought of We will begin again and it’s great writing.
You are all amazing.
1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how much do you enjoy blogging?
2. How do you choose which blogs to follow?
3. Do you prefer green or blue in general?
4. Do you believe in soul mates, why or why not?
5. If you could travel anywhere, all expenses paid, where would you go and why?
6. Would you rather live by a body of water or on the Plains?
7. Why did you choose WordPress?
8. Are there aliens?
9. Do you believe in a higher power?
10. Do you expect to blog for the rest of your life or is it until you get super burned out?